Computer engineers are trained to work as software and hardware engineers. They design, research, develop and test computer systems and ancillaries such as processors, circuit boards, network platforms, recollection contrivances and routers. These engineers innovate and develop software and hardware for advances in computer technology.
Computer engineers (After B.TECH)
• Understand and apply cognizance of computer science and electrical engineering.
• Develop and work with digital technology, in computer networking and computer systems.
• Develop computer hardware and design and implement software applications
• Use adeptness and erudition in hardware and software design
• Work in computer programming to make computing platforms and applications both efficacious and efficient.
• Ensure smooth functioning and integration of computer hardware and software.
• Keep updates about latest innovations in technology
• Optimize network capabilities and communications systems.
• Computer engineers have 2 major vocation options- Software and Hardware engineering.
• As hardware engineers they work on computer systems and all components used to make a computer.
• As software engineers they test and work with computer programs, applications, network security, mobile and other computer operated contrivances.
• They withal work in Robotics, Aeronautic design, wireless networks, sophisticated equipments etc.
• Ability to work as a component of a team
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work long hours at a task
• Logical & systematic
• Analytical mind
• Software developers
• Firms installing business systems.
• Advertising & Mass Communication
• Research Labs
• Computer & Technology manufacturers
• Digital Consulting firms
• Semiconductor companies
• Armed Forces
• Educational Institutions
• Business Enterprises
• International Business Machines Corporation
• Toshiba Corporation
• Dell Inc
• NEC Corporation
• Canon Inc
• Apple Inc
• ASUSTEK Computer Inc
• Acer Inc
• Lenovo Group Inhibited
• Sun Microsystem
2.20 Lakhs to 8.20 Lakhs per annum or more as per specialization acquired.